The East Street Run Club
We are excited to introduce, the East Street Run Club, started by Ben Strunk!
The East Street Run Club will host its first weekly run on Wednesday, December 9th 2020 at Current Wellness! All running experience levels (or lack thereof) are welcome. Choose from a variety of suggested routes (2, 4, 6 miles) or create your own route around downtown.
Check in and start your run anytime between 5:30-6:30pm and enjoy a free drink afterward while checking out our space at the Current. Join the club Facebook group and Strava group to get further updates and for a chance to win prizes.
Running/COVID-19 Safety Tips
- Anyone who is sick, experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, or has been
exposed to someone who has or may have COVID-19 should stay home
- Face coverings are required at all times at the check-in area and
while at Current Wellness, unless actively eating or drinking
- Check in will be contact-free using QR codes and hand sanitizer will be available at the check in table
- It gets dark early. Wear bright colors and consider bringing a headlamp or flashlight. Some areas of the suggested routes may not have streetlights
- Wear warm clothes!
- Runners should keep a minimum of 6 feet physical distance from others at all times, unless part of the same household
- Runners should stay on sidewalks/greenways whenever possible and follow all traffic rules and crosswalk signals
In order to prevent injury and feel your best in your runs, we highly recommend cross training. The best compliments to running are yoga and strength training to ensure stability and mobility in your body. We offer a strength training class called Tidal Strength, a yoga class called Flow, and a restorative yoga class called Restore at the Current. Check out our class schedule and sign-up here.